Monday, December 22, 2014

Starting a new blog ya'll.

Hi everyone!!! It's that time of year again! I'm embarking on another solo trip and will attempt to document my explorations through blogging! Hope you don't mind if I use the same one as last time. It's already set up, convenient, and I don't have to memorize another password. I know you all are groaning... like ohhh nooo not another one of Heather's long-winded accounts!! But my parents begged me to do it. Mostly because they know that's the only way they'll have a ballpark estimate of where I am :)

A little background info to get started. Whew! I'm feeling a little rusty here... haven't written anything other then research papers and study guides in a while. For those of you who don't know, I just devoted 2 1/2 years of my life to pure torture, AKA nurse anesthesia school. Ok, I exaggerate a little ;) But let's just say, I am sooooo glad that's over and I am ready to get back on the road again!

So to celebrate, I planned a little 5 week trip to South America. And by planning, of course I mean only the first few nights are booked and I have absolutely no clue what's happening after that.

It will all begin the day after Christmas in Buenos Aires. NYE will be spent basking in the sunshine of a Uruguay beach village. And from there, most of my time will be spent tearing up as much of the Brazilian coastline as I can squeeze in.

T minus FOUR DAYS!!!!! The night before I'm gonna be awake all night so excited... like back when Melly and I were little and we could never sleep the night before our road trip to Ohio to see Grandma. And mom would make us a bed in the back of the Ford Taurus wagon so we could rest cuz we had to get up at like 3 am. Wasn't that kind of illegal mom?? Anyways, I digress.

To do list:

-iodine tabs
-mace (do they let you check that in at the AP??) and/or brass knuckles
-an umbrella that doesn't collapse in 2 mph wind
-call Verizon and see if I have face time... is this an Apple thing only?
-hit up the ATM
-make wedge salad for Christmas dinner
-call mom & dad

1 comment:

  1. Hey stranger, jealous of your journey but happy I get to travel vicariously. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete